Security Zone In IE!

Nigil LaVey

Hi Guys...

it's been awhile since I 've last posted....

Does anyone knows how to get the Security Zone using Javascript or Server
Side Script? say like when you access a Web page.... the bottom right of the
IE will indicates the security zone, I have googled throught but no info on
it.. cos I need to know security zone before rendering my page to the users.

Please Advise,
LaVey

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

you can not get it easliy. even if you knew the zone, you would have to look
up the security setting for the zone. None of this is exposed to javascript
or the server.

A more practial solution is to use a sniffer page to test for the
permissions you need. For example test if client script is enabled, you can
create objects desired, etc.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)