    advice to me ?

    thx

    Roland

    Roland, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Roland

    Mike Brind Guest

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2079

    Mike Brind, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Roland

    Roland Guest

    Roland, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Roland

    Mike Brind Guest

    The article at the end of the link certainly suggests so, although I
    have never tried it. I've seen it suggested as a possible solution to
    this type of requirement before in this news group.

    I might have a little play and see.

    Mike Brind, Apr 16, 2006
  5. Roland

    Mike Brind Guest

    I've done some googling, and as far as I can see, Cassini does NOT
    support classic asp.

    Mike Brind, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Roland

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    Upgrade. :)

    Or run Apache with an ASP mod.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Apr 18, 2006
  7. Roland

    Roland Guest

    Jeff Cochran a écrit :
    That's what i will do, i read a lot about it on forums and many users
    were satisfied with this. Anyway, i had to install Apache because i will
    also develop a project in PHP. So, this option avoids me from installing
    two webservers. With only Apache, i will be ble to run classic asp and php.

    Thx

    Roland

    Roland, Apr 18, 2006
  8. Roland

    Mike Brind Guest

    Aren't you restricted to using mod perl with this set up?

    Mike Brind, Apr 18, 2006
  9. personally I would not waste your time with apache/linux and ASP.
    too many things are different with the asp an/or simply not supported.. its
    just not the same as true microsoft ASP

    I have used it and designed asp code on it, its a dead horse and even sun
    considers their ASP product for linux a waste of time because no one really
    uses it. I know guys that work for them.

    Just make an xp pro box and install php.. is my suggestion.

    Kyle Peterson, Apr 18, 2006
  10. Roland

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    Why? Plenty of ASP mods are now avaoilable, even running Apache on
    Windows. Some even work reasonably well.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Apr 19, 2006
  11. Roland

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    PHP runs fine on Windows/IIS and Windows/Apache.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Apr 19, 2006
  12. Roland

    Roland Guest

    not if u use SUN ONE ASP

    Roland, Apr 20, 2006
  13. Roland

    Mike Brind Guest

    Wouldn't it be cheaper to upgrade to XP Pro?

    Mike Brind, Apr 20, 2006
  14. On 20 Apr 2006 00:35:34 -0700, "Mike Brind" <>
    wrote:
    What would be markedly cheaper than upgrading to XP Pro would be to
    update to Ubuntu with Apache, mod PHP, and PostgreSQL. Not only would
    it be more economical financially, it would also be superior performance
    wise. :)

    Stefan Berglund, Apr 20, 2006
  15. Roland

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    Until you have to hire a Linux admin who knows Apache, PHP and
    PostGreSQL.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Apr 20, 2006
  16. And why would I have to do that? It took me all of 11 days to set up a
    sand box server, learn the above mentioned tools, and convert an entire
    data driven site. Google opens up worlds of information. The rest is
    intuitively obvious to the most casual observer. :)

    It's not some black art. It's just plain old computer science. And did
    I mention how much fun I had doing this?

    Stefan Berglund, Apr 20, 2006