Localization of the ASP.NET login control

Martin Bischoff

Hi,
do the ASP.NET 2.0 controls (such as the login control) have built-in
support for localization?

In other words, if I install the german language pack for .NET 2.0, will the
login control be displayed in german or do I have to manually translate all
the strings (in the ASPX page)?

Thanks,
Martin

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Martin,

Yes the login control will be displayed in German if you installed the
German language pack for .NET 2.0. You can verify this by following steps:

1) Download and install the German language pack for .NET 2.0 from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=de&FamilyID=39C8
B63B-F64B-4B68-A774-B64ED0C32AE7

2) Create a simple web site, add a login control to a webform

3) In the webform's source, add 'UICulture="auto"' in the <%@ Page
directive, for example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
Inherits="_Default" UICulture="auto" %>

4) View this page in browser, change your browser's preferred language to
German: IE/Tools/Internet Options/General/Languages/, add German language
and move it to top, refresh the page, you should see the login control
displayed in German language.

If you installed other language packs, users browsing your web site can set
their preferred language and your web page will display in the language if
its installed.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.