Login web control vs. Seamonkey

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Mirjam_K., Jul 12, 2010.

  1. Mirjam_K.

    Mirjam_K. Guest

    Dear Microsoft,
    I have found an obscure behaviour in ASP.NET 4.0 and the IIS V6.0 server.
    Maybe someone could explain me what there was happen. I have programmed an
    ASP.NET Website with “Visual Studio 2010 Professional “and I want to have an
    authentication on my website. I used the existing login tools from the
    toolbox. I created several users with different roles and I tested my page
    with various types of browsers, i.e. IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome and
    Seamonkey. So, all works fine, but then I was really surprised that Seamonkey
    browser shows an unexpected behaviour: It ignores the click event.
    So I take a look at the HTML source code of the browser and compare it with
    the source of the other browsers and found out, that the whole functionality
    of the java script login is not there. In the next step I created an ASP.NET
    3.5 website and tested it with Seamonkey, all works fine!
    Then, I checked out all the properties in Seamonkey to handle this kind of
    control in the website.
    I intercept all Ethernet packages between server and client, and take a look
    at the source code, which was dispatched from the server. If I used the
    Seamonkey, then the server does not send the login functionality to the
    browser, in contrast to all the other browsers that I tested.
    Soon afterwards, I downloaded the add-on â€User Agent Switcher 0.7.2†for
    Seamonkey.
    Herby IIS should believe that Seamonkey is an IE. The dispatcher tool told
    me, that the HTTP header column „User-Agent“ is not “Morzilla/Seamonkey
    2.0.5â€, it’s “Microsoft/IE Version 8â€. Now, all login features works fine
    with Seamonkey, but I couldn’t understand, why?! What is the appropriate work
    around? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

    Sincerely,
    Mirjam Krebs

    Mirjam_K., Jul 12, 2010