Login web control vs. Seamonkey

Mirjam_K.

Dear Microsoft,
I have found an obscure behaviour in ASP.NET 4.0 and the IIS V6.0 server.
Maybe someone could explain me what there was happen. I have programmed an
ASP.NET Website with “Visual Studio 2010 Professional “and I want to have an
authentication on my website. I used the existing login tools from the
toolbox. I created several users with different roles and I tested my page
with various types of browsers, i.e. IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome and
Seamonkey. So, all works fine, but then I was really surprised that Seamonkey
browser shows an unexpected behaviour: It ignores the click event.
So I take a look at the HTML source code of the browser and compare it with
the source of the other browsers and found out, that the whole functionality
of the java script login is not there. In the next step I created an ASP.NET
3.5 website and tested it with Seamonkey, all works fine!
Then, I checked out all the properties in Seamonkey to handle this kind of
control in the website.
I intercept all Ethernet packages between server and client, and take a look
at the source code, which was dispatched from the server. If I used the
Seamonkey, then the server does not send the login functionality to the
browser, in contrast to all the other browsers that I tested.
Soon afterwards, I downloaded the add-on â€User Agent Switcher 0.7.2†for
Seamonkey.
Herby IIS should believe that Seamonkey is an IE. The dispatcher tool told
me, that the HTTP header column „User-Agent“ is not “Morzilla/Seamonkey
2.0.5â€, it’s “Microsoft/IE Version 8â€. Now, all login features works fine
with Seamonkey, but I couldn’t understand, why?! What is the appropriate work
around? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Mirjam Krebs