Locking all text boxes in asp page

Jack

Hi,
I need advise as to how to do the following. In a asp page, the user can input
information via text boxes which goes to a database. If users click a check
box named final and submit the asp page, then next time they come, they will
not be able to change any information. This means, I would like to grey out
the text boxes so that users are unable to edit the values in the text boxes.
The only way to allow edit is via adminstrator's intervention.
Any article, asvise, help to handle the concept and approach the problem is
appreciated. Thanks.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

How about just writing the values back NOT in a textbox? Aside from that,
there is the disabled="true" parameter of the <input> tag.

Ray at work

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?= wrote on 13 dec 2004 in
I need advise as to how to do the following. In a asp page, the user
can input information via text boxes which goes to a database. If
users click a check box named final and submit the asp page, then next
time they come, they will not be able to change any information. This
means, I would like to grey out the text boxes so that users are
unable to edit the values in the text boxes. The only way to allow
edit is via adminstrator's intervention. Any article, asvise, help to
handle the concept and approach the problem is appreciated. Thanks.

<input name="myMame"
<% if again then response.write "readonly style='color:#bbb'" %>
value='<%=myValue%>'>