Login with certificate

Sa¹o Zagoranski

Hi,

My task is to create a website in asp.net 2.0 that is secured with a digital
signature.

The default page should be accessible by all (greeting page with a asp.net
2.0 login control) and
when the user would press OK on the login form, he would be redirected to
page where only people with a valid username, password and digital signature
are allowed (all this user info would be in the database).

Here's what I've done so far:
1. I've followed the steps here:
http://www.softwaremaker.net/blog/UsingPlatformSDKMakeCertUtilityToGenerateSelfSignedCerts.aspx
to create the test digital signatures
2. I've added the server certificate to the trusted root and configured IIS
to use it
3. I've configured the secure.aspx page in IIS to always request digital
signature.

And here's what happens:
I enter https://url/secure.aspx and IE asks me for my certificate. I
selected the client certificate that I created in step 1 but I just get the
error message "The page cannot be displayed"
What am I doing wrong?

My second question is (If I ever get passed the first one :)) how can I get
the information inside the certificate that the client selected? Some .NET
sample code would be great

Thanks a lot,
Sa¹o