Login works in Firefox, not in IE7

Jeppe Jespersen

I have built and deployed a site that uses Membership and Role providers.
The site has a SiteMap and a Menu control thats security trimmed.

a) When I'm on the webserver, and attempt to log on (to localhost) using
IE7, my user logs in w/o problems, and the proper menus are shown.

b) When I'm on another pc, and attempt to log on using IE7, my user does not
log in. Screen posts back, but no errors/warnings.

c) When I'm on another pc, and attempt to log on using Firefox2, my user
logs in w/o problems, and the proper menus are shown.

Any ideas? For clarity, I'll post a video withing an hour or so....

Jeppe Jespersen
Denmark

Roland Dick

Hi Jeppe,

Jeppe said:
b) When I'm on another pc, and attempt to log on using IE7, my user does
not
log in. Screen posts back, but no errors/warnings.

Just a thought here - try to disable Windows Authentication in IIS.
Maybe that causes some trouble?

Roland

Jeppe Jespersen

Just a thought here - try to disable Windows Authentication in IIS. Maybe
that causes some trouble?

Windows Authentication is already disabled in IIS. But thanks for trying :)

Jeppe