Looking for a Data Control

luisxx

Hello Everyone

I would like a data control that has the functionality of the gridView
control with the ‘add’ function of the DetailsView control(ASP.NET
2.0). Also, it should have the ability to detect relationships in a
database(sql 2005) and navigate through them. Can anyone suggest one
or code to make. Currently, price is a factor… know what I mean. ïŠ

Many thanks
Luis

Edwin Knoppert

These two controls work together, however setting this up is not so trivial.

"luisxx" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
Hello Everyone

I would like a data control that has the functionality of the gridView
control with the 'add' function of the DetailsView control(ASP.NET
2.0). Also, it should have the ability to detect relationships in a
database(sql 2005) and navigate through them. Can anyone suggest one
or code to make. Currently, price is a factor. know what I mean. ?

Many thanks
Luis

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Telerik's grid is pretty darn nice and I believe it supports the features
you described.

Here's more info:
http://www.telerik.com/asp-net-controls/rich-ajax-datagrid/overview.aspx

Hello Everyone

I would like a data control that has the functionality of the gridView
control with the 'add' function of the DetailsView control(ASP.NET
2.0). Also, it should have the ability to detect relationships in a
database(sql 2005) and navigate through them. Can anyone suggest one
or code to make. Currently, price is a factor. know what I mean. ?

Many thanks
Luis

luisxx

Thanks for replying Steve; however, my application requires a solution
not extending to a $399 Single Developer license.

I could follow a how to, or a tutorial but, with so many out there, I
would like to know if someone could give me a direction where to start.

Luis