looking for code examples

Brian

As I'm new to C++ I would like to study some C++ code examples. Is there a
site on the internet that has code examples and maybe complete program
code? Studying code written for games might be a good way to learn this
language.

I came across a book I must have brought some years ago as Its dated 1998,
its called Introduction to Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. Would the code in the
book still be suitable for use in Visual Studio C++ 2010 express?

Victor Bazarov

As I'm new to C++ I would like to study some C++ code examples. Is there a
site on the internet that has code examples and maybe complete program
code? Studying code written for games might be a good way to learn this
language.

There are so many sites on the internet that giving you one would be
unfair to all others, unless it's a special one, right? Start with
'www.google.com' and search for "C++ code samples".
I came across a book I must have brought some years ago as Its dated 1998,
its called Introduction to Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. Would the code in the
book still be suitable for use in Visual Studio C++ 2010 express?

It's very dated. It might still compile by default, Microsoft tries to
keep its products backward-compatible, but don't count on it too much.

Also, wherever you access this newsgroup from, try finding
'alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++' there (if I spelled it right...), it's more
suited for novices.

woodbrian77

As I'm new to C++ I would like to study some C++ code examples. Is there a

site on the internet that has code examples and maybe complete program

code? Studying code written for games might be a good way to learn this

language.

There's marshalling/networking related code here
http://webEbenezer.net/build_integration.html

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises
http://webEbenezer.net

Unless the L-rd builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the L-rd guards the city,
The watchman waketh but in vain.
Psalm 127:1

Luca Risolia

As I'm new to C++ I would like to study some C++ code examples. Is there a
site on the internet that has code examples and maybe complete program
code? Studying code written for games might be a good way to learn this
language.

Here is a collection of solutions to many of the exercises proposed by
Stroustrup in his book "The C++ Programming Language" (3rd edition),
which is a very good book if you want learn C++ from the beginning:

http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/

a game (othello) is in the collection as well:

http://www.linux-projects.org/listing/cpp_solutions/15.4/

But games are usually advanced topics. You may want to start with
something easier if you are new to C++.

You can download the whole archive from:

http://www.linux-projects.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=9