Losing Session Variables when Navigating inside Crystal Reports

Guest

Hi, I would appreciate any insight into the following issue..

I have an asp.net application with crystal reports being displayed.. All
works fine from my IDE & I am trying to move the app to a test server. The
report parameters are input on the first aspx page and I store them in the
Session object & use a Server.Transfer() to get to the page that displays the
crystal report. The report parameters are all successfully passed to this
page & the report is rendered.

The problem is when navigating within the crystal report.. Any attempt to
page through or search the report results in an error.. As the aspx page is
reloaded the isPostBack is set to false so the page_load code goes through
the if !isPostBAck() branch which looks for the report parameters & attempts
to rebuild the report. The problem is that the parameters are missing as
are all other Session variables..

I put a trace into the page and I do see that I have the same sessionid
throughout the session. I also tried deploying the app as a precompiled
deploy thinking that the framework was rebuilding the page when attempting to
navigate in crystal & that was giving me the new session & postback ==
false... This didn't help.

I am at a loss as the postback & session variables only seem to get reset
within the crystal navigation page loads and not anywhere else in the app..
Have reported it to crystal & they tell me to move my code into page_init..
think this is their standard solution to everything.

thanks for any help. Linda