    the cancel button is pressed then it goes back a page. The problem is
    that when you go back a page the session variable gets lost. Dose
    anyone know how to solve this problem or a better way of doing this?

    google, Feb 1, 2007

  2. google

    Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 01 feb 2007 in
    Better show your asp code, only the relevant part, that is.

    If you loose the session, you loose the session variables,
    so I think it is about losing the session.

    The page you come from is or should be stored in:
    Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

    Evertjan., Feb 1, 2007

  3. google

    google Guest

    here is my code
    logon is set to 1 in a include that is only on member pages

    <%if logon<>1 then
    if session("user_ID") <> 0 OR Session("user_ID") <> "" then
    %>

    <script type="text/javascript">
    var r=confirm("are you shure you want to leave the secure area?")
    if (r==true)
    else
    {
    history.go(-1)
    }

    </script>
    <% end if
    else %>
    a members menu bar include
    <%end if %>

    google, Feb 1, 2007
  4. google

    Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 01 feb 2007 in
    This boolean is always true!!!!

    The boolean can only be false,
    if session("user_ID") is both 0 and "" at the same time,
    which is impossible.

    Evertjan., Feb 1, 2007
  5. Are you sure? What if Session("User_ID") is empty?

    This code would be better:-

    If Session("User_ID") = Empty Then

    Anthony Jones, Feb 1, 2007
  6. google

    Roland Hall Guest

    -A starter template-

    ' loggedin.asp - included in members only pages
    <%
    dim username
    username = session("username")
    if username = "" then Response.Redirect "login.asp"
    %>

    ' common.asp
    <%
    sub prt(str)
    Response.Write str & vbCrLf
    end sub

    sub lprt(str)
    Response.Write str & "<br />" & vbCrLf
    end sub
    %>

    ' login.asp
    <%@ Language="VBScript" %>
    <%
    Option Explicit
    Response.Buffer = True
    %>
    <!--#include file="common.asp"-->
    <%
    dim method
    method = Request.ServerVariables(""Request_Method")
    if method = "POST" then
    ' process login
    ' ...
    ' if login successful
    session("username") = rs("username")
    Response.Redirect "welcome.asp"
    else
    prt "<html>
    prt "<head>"
    prt "<title>Login</title>"
    prt "</head>"
    prt "<body>"
    prt "<form action="""" method=""post"">"
    lprt "Username: <input type=""text"" name=""username"" value="""" />"
    lprt "Password: <input type=""password"" name=""password"" value="""" />"
    lprt "<input type=""submit"" value=""Login"" />"
    prt "</form>
    lprt "Not a member? <input type=""button"" value=""Register""
    onclick=""locaton.href='register.asp'"" />"
    lprt "You can also browse our site as a visitor by clicking <a
    href=""visitor.asp"">here</a>."
    lprt "You must register to have full access to the site."
    prt "</body>"
    prt "</html>"
    %>

    ' welcome.asp
    <@ Language="VBScript" %>
    <%
    Option Explicit
    Response.Buffer = True
    %>
    <!--#include file="loggedin.asp"-->
    <!--#include file="common.asp"-->
    <%
    ' code goes here
    prt "<div class=""toolbar"">Username: " & username & " <a
    href=""location.href='logout.asp'"">logout</a></div>"

    ' ...
    %>

    ' logout.asp
    <%