Mac OS X LookAndFeel on Windows

Michele Damian

Hi,

I'm programming on a Windows XP platform but I'm trying to use a
Mac LookAndFeel.

Exception first:
the Win "src.zip" doesn't contain the package
"com.sun.java.swing.plaf.mac.MacLookAndFeel". :-(

I know, that isn't possibile because of the copyright but, maybe, it
isn't a bad idea import the
"com.sun.java.swing.plaf.mac.MacLookAndFeel". After that I can try to
make a code like this:

/********************************************************************************/

Properties p = System.getProperties();
p.put("os.name", "Mac"); // I'm not sure, it's to clear some
restriction on copyright
System.setProperties(p);

try {

UIManager.setLookAndFeel("com.sun.java.swing.plaf.mac.MacLookAndFeel");
}
catch(Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

/********************************************************************************/

Exception second:
this hell of MacLookAndFeel isn't possible to find in the web. :-((

A way is to install the Mac JDK and get the MacLookAndFeel from its
"src.zip".

Exception third:
I can't install the Mac JDK on Windows Xp, can I? :-(((

I try to use the Aqua LookAndFeel from
http://www.l2fprod.com/rw/default/ but it isn't really like a
MacLookAndFeel, also I can enxtend the java class like I want.

Do you know what I have to do? Thank you very much.

P.S.: I'm sorry for my terrible english.

| | | | |