Making a public property on a master page visible to a content page

Ex glider pilot

Hi
I have a public property on a master page:

Public Sub SetTitle(ByVal TitleText As String)
Me.lblMessage.Text = TitleText
End Sub

the page def of the content page is:
<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master"
AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="EditNewRequirement.aspx.vb"
Inherits="MembersArea_EditNewRequirement" title="Untitled Page" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1"
Runat="Server">
</asp:Content>

in vb

auto complete me.master does not give SetTiltle as valid

I have other pages where it seems to work fine, I created the page
from scratch with wizard vs 2008 net 3.5

any thought please?

clintonG

Type the Master in all content pages...

<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/MasterPage.master" %>