Making Multiple Themes Available (but not automatically applied) To All Sites on a Web Server

Cramer

Using 3.5: Suppose I have defined 20+ themes (including multiple graphics,
..skin files, and css files per theme), and I want to make those themes
*available* to all the Web sites on my Web server. How can I accomplish this
"making them available" without having the themes all automatically applied
to each Web site?

I understand that I can create "global themes" by placing the theme folders
in %WINDOWS%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\[version]\ASP.NETClientFiles\Themes ...
but my concern is that themes placed there would automatically be *applied*
and not simply *available* to the sites on the server.

Thanks!

Stan

Using 3.5: Suppose I have defined 20+ themes (including multiple graphics,
.skin files, and css files per theme), and I want to make those themes
*available* to all the Web sites on my Web server. How can I accomplish this
"making them available" without having the themes all automatically applied
to each Web site?

I understand that I can create "global themes" by placing the theme folders
in %WINDOWS%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\[version]\ASP.NETClientFiles\Themes ...
but my concern is that themes placed there would automatically be *applied*
and not simply *available* to the sites on the server.

Thanks!

Global themes are not "automatically applied" unless the pages section
of the machine.config file has the setting "theme=..."

If that is not the case then global themes can be referenced at site
level in the pages section of web.config or at page level in the
@pages directive.