From: RP ([email protected])
Subject: openwave error

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
Date: 2003-09-06 16:21:21 PST

Hi all, I am getting an "Error: Malformed server response. Same page works
fine in IE and MME.
Here is the trace from openwave:

Response data:
HTTP/1.1 100 Error
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:25:05 GMT
Transfer-Encoding: Chunked
26a

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:25:05 GMT
Connection: close
Cache-Control: private

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">
<head>
$30,000
0

TIA,
PR

Message 2 in thread
From: Philip Ross (philip.ross@imagesemanticscom)
Subject: Re: openwave error

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
Date: 2003-09-09 06:45:42 PST

I have been getting the same problem with some of our web/wap pages
and the Openwave browser. I don't have a solution but an observation
that the error for me only occurs on Windows XP PRO, whereas on
Windows 2003 Server the pages are served correctly.

--philip.

Message 3 in thread
From: RP ([email protected])

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
Date: 2003-09-09 08:53:16 PST

Server is running Windows 2000 on our end. I havent a clue where the problem
is. Infact it works fine on the actual mobile device. Just get the error in
the Openwave Emulator - which is actually a later version.

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Spark,

From the post thread, we can see that the problem doesn't happen on IE, MME
and actual mobile device. It happens on OpenWave browser. So I feel that it
is better if you can post your question in OpenWave support forum to get
more information.

This is the link for your information:
http://demo2.openwave.com:8080/jive3/index.jspa?categoryID=1

I suggest you post OpenWave version, Windows OS version, and IIS version,
Repro pages there so that community members could better track it.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Community Support

Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.as
p&SD=msdn

spark

Thank you for the response.
I'll post the question on Openwave forum and update this thread with what I
hear.

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

That is cool. :)

Thanks in advance for your input. Have a good day.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Community Support

Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.as
p&SD=msdn

Nico Witteman

spark said:
Hoping this would help in identifying the problem, below is the discussion
that took place last year in this newsgroup.

All messages from thread
Message 1 in thread
From: RP ([email protected])

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile

Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:25:05 GMT
Transfer-Encoding: Chunked
26a

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:25:05 GMT
Connection: close
Cache-Control: private

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">
<head>
value="aDxfX1A7QDxmMjs7Pjs+"/>
$30,000
0

TIA,
PR

Message 2 in thread
From: Philip Ross (philip.ross@imagesemanticscom)

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile

From: RP ([email protected])

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
Date: 2003-09-09 08:53:16 PST

Server is running Windows 2000 on our end. I havent a clue where the
problem
is. Infact it works fine on the actual mobile device. Just get the error
in
the Openwave Emulator - which is actually a later version.

This is from the Openwave website:

"When posting data to either an ASP or a JavaServlet, through an Mobile
Access Gateway, the POSTDATA may not appear the way you expect. ASP fails to
build the Request.Form object, and the req.getParameterNames and
req.getParameterValeus methods from the Java servlet class fail. The
problems that the Mobile Access Gateway posts data with a content type of

application/x-www-form-urlencoded;charset="UTF-8" (or the appropriate
characterset)

Both the servlet class and ASP fail to recognize this content type as a
form, even though it is valid according to the HTTP spec. Solution: The data
is delivered, so you can read it in off of the input stream and parse it
yourself manually. "

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Thank you very much for sharing it here. :)