math symbols in unicode (grouped by purpose)

Xah Lee

some collection of math symbols in unicode.

• Math Symbols in Unicode
http://xahlee.org/comp/unicode_math_operators.html

• Arrows in Unicode
http://xahlee.org/comp/unicode_arrows.html

• Matching Brackets in Unicode
http://xahlee.org/comp/unicode_matching_brackets.html

these are grouped by the symbol's purpose as much as possible.

i made them because i can't find unicode symbols grouped by purpose
elsewhere.

The unicode “plane -> block†structure does not group symbols well,
because the chars are added throughout the decades. Some symbols get
added in one block, but later on related symbols get added elsewhere.
For example, binary relational symbols are scattered in different
unicode blocks. Same for binary operators, or all symbols used for set
theory, etc. Sometimes a symbol has multiple uses in different math
fields, so which block it gets added into unicode is not well defined.

hope it's useful to some one.

Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄

Xah Lee

hi kenny!

Xah said:
some collection of math symbols in unicode.
• Math Symbols in Unicode
   http://xahlee.org/comp/unicode_math_operators.html

Kenneth said:
I am surprised you do not include the numeric character codes.

i thought about it, but the page would get unwieldy.
To make it work well one might have to implement javascript so that
mouse hover can popup a balloon with info about the char... my
javascript isn't so great... maybe sometimes down the road.

but if you want a unicode char browser:

• Emacs xub-mode; A Unicode Browser
http://xahlee.org/emacs/unicode-browser.html

i feel that's the best unicode browser/palette/codemap kinda app there
is. (in my humble opinion, more useful than Apple's Character palette,
or Windows charmap.)

if you are not a emacs user, i'd even say download emacs and use it
just for it just for browser unicode chars. (you'll need emacs23.1 at
least)

Xah