Max Request Length Exceeded while postback

Hema S via DotNetMonster.com

Hi All,

My requirement is like

I should not use pagination in datagrid... and some times the data exceed
over 1000 and my file size if i save it as html becomes more than 7 MB and
when i try do any operation in my page i get

Max Request Length Exceeded.

I have also changed the webconfig for maxReqLenth as follow as

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="1800" maxRequestLength="409600"
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false"/>

Even then i am getting this error.
Can anyone help me out..

Is there any way to overcome this prob without doing pagination in datagrid.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Hema S

Peter Rilling

This has nothing to do with paging the datagrid, this has to do with
uploading files or something. Is the user trying to upload any files?
Also, try disabling viewstate for the datagrid. If it is truly large, then
the viewstate might be huge as well.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

In your datagrid, add this:

EnableViewState="false"

Unless you need to track the Viewstate, you can save a lot of overhead by
turning viewstate off.

Ken
MVP [ASP.NET]

Hema S via DotNetMonster.com

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

I cannot disble to viewstate. I have few template col and based on the values
i do some operation on the records displayed in datagrid.

Is there anyother way other than this???

Cheers
Hema S
In your datagrid, add this:

EnableViewState="false"

Unless you need to track the Viewstate, you can save a lot of overhead by
turning viewstate off.

Ken
MVP [ASP.NET]
[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]