Membership API (ASP.NET 2.0)

Adam Knight

Hi all,

I am venturing into ASP.NET 2.0.

I have been going through the quickstart ect ... and have a question.

With the membership API ie(MembershipUser,Roles) can they be customized to
store and retrieve info in a db rather than the web config?

Unfortunately, my googling time is very limited at the moment, so i would
appreciate any link & tutorials others have found useful for this topic.

Cheers,
Adam

Mark Fitzpatrick

Adam,
Sure thing. The Membership API can create a database for SQL Server
authentication backend. You can also customize it for your own
authentication needs if you already have a system built and running. The
best place to actually find info is by reading the SDK docs for starters.
Googling for info may actually get you some pre final release early beta
information that may no longer apply.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microosft MVP - FrontPage