membership provider doesn't appear in Website Administration Tool

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Dabbler, Mar 7, 2006.

  1. Dabbler

    Dabbler Guest

    I've configured a membership provider in web.config but when I run the WAT
    the provider doesn't appear in the list. So I have no way to add users and
    roles.
    web.config
    <membership defaultProvider="myMembershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <add name="myMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
    connectionString="mySqlConnectionString"
    applicationName="/"
    enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
    enablePasswordReset="true"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
    requiresUniqueEmail="true"
    passwordFromat="Hashed"
    minRequiredPasswordLength="6"
    maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="15" />

    I have run the aspnet_regsql.exe and see schemas (but no tables) for the
    different security components (membership, roles etc) in my database.

    Any hsuggestions would be appreciated.

    Clueless in Cleveland ;)

    Dabbler, Mar 7, 2006

  2. Dabbler

    Jason Guest

    Make sure its within the system.web tags

    Jason, May 16, 2006