membership / role provider in a web service?

Smokey Grindle

Can you use asp.net's membership and role provider sevices inside a web
service for authentication? I am trying to find a way to reduce coding.. and
that seems like it would be a good fit to do simple authentication (a user
would login using a login method and create a session that way) thanks!

Smokey Grindel

what about using the built in asp.net 2.0 ones? I just need something to
work with webservices to do role and membership managment