Memory Controller for Cellular RAM + 128 word burst

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Motta, Feb 26, 2009.

  1. Motta

    Motta

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello everyone! :wave:

    I'm currently working on a stuedent proyect for my thesis in electronic engeneering at the University of Buenos Aires (UBA).

    At the moment I am trying to design a memory controller for the Mircon MT45W8MW16BGX, part of the nexys2, kit sold at digilent.

    For my design I need it to write and read as fast as possible, so therefore I decided to use the 128-word burst lenght mode.

    I'm having great trouble :banghead: achieving this task, since I never did this before.
    Basicly, what I'm asking is:

    1) VHDL model of the Micron memory, since in the micron webpage I can only find a VERILOG model :)? I don't know verilog)

    2) Any controller designed for this memory, maybe by looking at an example I can get inspired :fisheye: and figure out why the hell my controller isn't working. I looked in opencores, but didn't find anything.

    Since this kit (nexys2) is quite popular; and by what I gather many stuedents :guru: abroad use it, maybe someone could help me out, because they already did a memory controller.

    Kind regards,

    Martin :wavey:

    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
    Motta, Feb 26, 2009

  2. Motta

    jeppe

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Denmark
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    jeppe, Feb 26, 2009

  3. Motta

    Motta

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks

    Thanks Dude for your post, this will definitly get me started!

    Motta, Mar 4, 2009