Menu DataBound does not fire the first time

John Bankhead

I have a main menu that is sourced from an in house SiteMapProvider. As far
as I can tell the DataBound event is never fired when the page is invoked for
the first time. It is consistently called after that. Is this expected
behavior? And why?

<asp:Menu DataSourceID="mainMenuSource" ID="mainMenu" runat="server"
OnMenuItemClick="mainMenu_MenuItemClick" Orientation="Horizontal"
MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels="0" CssClass="menu"
StaticSelectedStyle-BackColor="Blue"
StaticMenuItemStyle-HorizontalPadding="2px"
StaticMenuItemStyle-VerticalPadding="1px"
StaticMenuItemStyle-ItemSpacing="5"
OnDataBound="mainMenu_DataBound"
ForeColor="White" BackColor="navy" />