    a big base of Qt code.

    My conclusion is that you're better of sticking with simple solutions,
    using pure C interfaces without any sort of front end or development.

    Malcolm McLean, Sep 3, 2013

  2. Malcolm McLean

    Noob Guest

    Noob, Sep 3, 2013

  3. Malcolm McLean

    Nobody Guest

    That's incorrect. Qt is available for all desktop platforms under
    a choice of the GPL, LGPL or a commercial licence.

    Nobody, Sep 3, 2013
  4. [snip]

    Qt is C++, not C.

    This is off-topic for comp.lang.c. It's probably not even
    particularly topical for comp.lang.c++, since it's not about the
    language.
    That's quite a stretch to justify something that's interesting *to you*
    as if it were somehow about C. (It happens to be of interest to me as
    well, but that's equally irrelevant.)

    Keith Thompson, Sep 3, 2013
  5. I'd say that "should I go for a C windowing API for my graphical user-
    interface or an alternative language?" is topical enough. Maybe not the
    core topic of the ng, but not too far.
    I had exactly this concern about Qt. That's a major reason I wrote Baby X.

    Malcolm McLean, Sep 3, 2013
  6. Malcolm McLean

    Melzzzzz Guest

    Melzzzzz, Sep 3, 2013