Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Alex Vidal, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Alex Vidal

    Alex Vidal Guest

    Hi, I have windows 2000 server with IIS and I program ASP.

    I use the string: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
    Source=basedatos.mdb;" to data base Access and it always works ok.

    But I installed the Panda BusinesSecure Antivirus and since then I have had
    a lot of problems.

    First, windows didn't start in normal way, I only could start in Security
    Mode, so I tried uninstall Panda Antivirus but in security mode I couldn't
    becouse in this mode the Windows Installer doesn't work. So I had to delete
    Panda Antivirus deleting the folder and the register entries.

    When finally I could start windows 2000 in normal way I realized that none
    of my ASP pages works acceding to database Access. All of them show the
    following error:

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

    I tried to re install Access and IIS again, I installed the SP3 for w2000
    server, JET 4.0 from Microsoft download pages. I revised permissions access
    to files and folders and I saw like before problems. All users, including
    Internet Users (IUSR_), have all permissions.

    I have other Visual Basic Programs that use the same string
    "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=basedatos.mdb;" and it works,
    only in ASP / IIS is failing

    I have no idea how solve this problem. Can anyone Help Me before I re
    install all windows system, Please!!

    Thanks, and sorry for my english.

    Alex Vidal

    Alex Vidal, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Feb 19, 2004

  3. please don't multi-post, answered in m.p.i.i ...

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Feb 19, 2004