Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Alex Vidal

Hi, I have windows 2000 server with IIS and I program ASP.

I use the string: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
Source=basedatos.mdb;" to data base Access and it always works ok.

But I installed the Panda BusinesSecure Antivirus and since then I have had
a lot of problems.

First, windows didn't start in normal way, I only could start in Security
Mode, so I tried uninstall Panda Antivirus but in security mode I couldn't
becouse in this mode the Windows Installer doesn't work. So I had to delete
Panda Antivirus deleting the folder and the register entries.

When finally I could start windows 2000 in normal way I realized that none
of my ASP pages works acceding to database Access. All of them show the
following error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

I tried to re install Access and IIS again, I installed the SP3 for w2000
server, JET 4.0 from Microsoft download pages. I revised permissions access
to files and folders and I saw like before problems. All users, including
Internet Users (IUSR_), have all permissions.

I have other Visual Basic Programs that use the same string
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=basedatos.mdb;" and it works,
only in ASP / IIS is failing

I have no idea how solve this problem. Can anyone Help Me before I re
install all windows system, Please!!

Thanks, and sorry for my english.

Alex Vidal