Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file (IIS7)

abb

On a Vista machine, the following code works using the ASP.NET
Development Server, but fails in IIS7:

book = excel.Workbooks.Open(tempfile,
false, false, Missing.Value,
Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value,
Missing.Value,

In IIS7, the error is "Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the
file ... There are several possible reasons:
• The file name or path does not exist.
• The file is being used by another program.
• The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently
open workbook."

Both NETWORK SERVICE and IUSR have:
- read/write permissions on the temp folder
- Launch, Access, and Configuration permissions in DCOM Config for
Excel

I've also tried running the IIS application as my local adminstrator
account, but the same error occurs. It's IIS7 specific. What
permission does it need? Any ideas? Thanks.

ZSvedic

[...]

I agree with Mark that there are many automation issues on the server:
http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/GBSpreadsheet.htm#Automation
Except previously mentioned myxls and Aspose.Cells, you can try our
free Excel R/W component: http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/GBSpreadsheetFree.htm
If you have XLS/CSV/XLSX files smaller that 150 rows it is free of
charge, otherwise it is $425 per developer (one time fee).
--Zeljko

Tim Erickson

The latest release (from July 9 - 2 weeks ago) will also do basic read
operations as well as write. It's not so new, but not getting any
Google-juice. It's my project on SourceForge.