    (the minimum cache time mentioned above).

    thanks,
    Joseph

    Joseph, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Is there some problem with the simple approach of not invalidating in any
    manner other than the desired timeout?

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Joseph

    Joseph Guest

    Say the same cache object is dependent on the output of several pages
    returned from different web methods. I have a web method (call it WM1) and I
    want only this web method to retain the cache even though the cache is
    supposed to get invalidated. All the other web methods dependent on this
    cache objects will refresh the data from the database after the cache get
    invalidated. If I don't invalidate the cache and utilize the timeout then
    all web methods other than WM1 will get the data from the cache instead of
    from the database. In other words, my goal is that the data returned from
    WM1 does not require to be up to date within a small time limit (minimum
    cache time) whilst the data returned from other web methods require to be
    most up to date.

    thanks,
    Joseph

    Joseph, Jun 9, 2004