Mobile Web Development in Visual Studio 2008

Nathan Sokalski

I recently installed Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition on my machine,
and am trying to figure out how to do mobile web development. After some
searching on the web, I found that the templates such as Mobile Web Form are
no longer included. However, I was also told before buying Visual Studio
2008 Professional Edition was that one of the differences between the
Standard and Professional editions was the ability to do mobile development.
Can somebody please help me figure out exactly just where this ability is?
Thanks.

bruce barker

vs2008 dropped support for mobile web applications. The mobile controls
can still used, but they are the same as 2003. if you google you can get
vs2008 templates for mobile web apps, but as the new generation of
mobile devices are full blown browsers (webkit or opera based), the old
mobile approach did not work. mostly you design for the smaller screen
using w3c html 4.0 standards.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)