Mod_ruby on XLAMPP

Paul Hanchett

I'm trying to get mod_ruby running on a win_32 xlampp installation. So
far (I think) I'm having moderate success... When I try to access a
file with a ruby extension I get an error:

===================
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /javascript/ruby.rb on this server.
Apache/2.0.53 (Win32) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_ruby/1.2.4
Ruby/1.8.2(2004-12-25) PHP/5.0.3 Server at localhost Port 80
===================

The is from my httpd.conf file. I don't understand the references to
ruby-run. Is this a file, where does it come from?

===================
LoadModule ruby_module modules/mod_ruby.so
<IfModule mod_ruby.c>
# for Apache::RubyRun
RubyRequire apache/ruby-run

# exec files under /ruby as ruby scripts.
<Location /ruby>
SetHandler ruby-object
RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

# exec *.rbx as ruby scripts.
<Files *.rbx>
SetHandler ruby-object
RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
</Files>

# exec *.rb as ruby scripts.
<Files *.rb>
SetHandler ruby-object
RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
</Files>

# for Apache::ERubyRun
RubyRequire apache/eruby-run

# handle files under /eruby as eRuby files by eruby.
<Location /eruby>
SetHandler ruby-object
RubyHandler Apache::ERubyRun.instance
</Location>

# handle *.rhtml as eruby files.
<Files *.rhtml>
SetHandler ruby-object
RubyHandler Apache::ERubyRun.instance
</Files>

# for Apache::ERbRun
RubyRequire apache/erb-run

# handle files under /erb as eRuby files by ERb.
<Location /erb>
SetHandler ruby-object
RubyHandler Apache::ERbRun.instance
</Location>