Module compiled against API version 7 but this version of numpy is 6

Discussion in 'Python' started by mdev, Sep 27, 2012.

  1. mdev

    mdev

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello

    Using scipy/numpy with windows and python 2.7

    and the following installers
    numpy-1.6.2-win32-superpack-python2.7.exe
    scipy-0.11.0-win32-superpack-python2.7.exe

    I get the following runtime error
    module compiled against API version 7 but this version of numpy is 6.
    ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import

    using
    >>> import scipy
    >>> import numpy
    >>> numpy.__version__
    '1.6.2'
    >>> scipy.__version__
    '0.11.0'

    Anyone have any ideas as to how to get the two to work together

    I think i need to recompile one of them but how can you do that if you are just using the overall installers rather than the binaries.

    Any help would be much obliged.

    mdev, Sep 27, 2012