More of a javascript question

A Question

Hi I know its not really an asp.net question. But I need to select a number
of contiguous cells in a rendered table.

So, I need to determine how to manage the following operation.

I click in cell#1 and as I drag my mouse over the nearby cells to the right
or the left those cells I set the background color of them, or set an
attribute.

Im not quite sure of the best way to do this, so any pointers would be of
help.

Cheers

cfps.Christian

This can be rather complex but I'll try to sum it up as best as I can
and as I'm understanding.

It sounds like you want to "highlight" cells as you hold the mouse
down and go over. If so I would have a mousedownevent in the cell(s)
you wish to start at that sets a boolean to true that says something
like: bHighlighting = true;

Then in the mouseover event of the cell(s) I would have:
function CellMouseOver(o)
{
if (bHighlighting)
{
ChangeBackgroundorAttribute(o);

Now if you need to do it via column/rows, in the past I have used the
value of the cell to have a column or row in there so that I could
determine which row I was working with. You could use some kind of
naming convention or there might be a way to go up in the row object
to find out what the column/row is.

A Question

Hi,

yeah, well this does work, except that it still allows the document to
select the document itself. For example, you can click and select a cell
range in a html table, and I want to prevent this when I am selecting the
cells in my table.

Really, I need to know how to cancel the mouse down even from bubbling back
up and allowing this behaviour.