More Strange Debugger Antics

BG

Hey Everyone,

Win2K Pro w/all Updates, VB.Net Standard 2003, .NET 1.1 w/all updates

I have a web app that I've been working, coding,testing,coding, etc. Works
fine - debugger debugs stuff as it should. Eventually, I will get the error
about not having permissions on the web server ya-da-ya-da. I have made NO
changes to either IIS (my desktop machine) or VB.Net (my desktop machine)
environments and now I cannot use the debugger. The app still executes
without debugging but I would prefer that the debug work correctly.
Strange!!
More Strange! If I close the project in question and create a shiny new
one - Everything works as planned - debugger an all. If I then load the old
project I once again get hosed up about permissions.
After reading through the posts here, I turned off the anonymous setting for
the app and now I'm back in business - for now. SO my hat is off to
newsgroups and the wealth of info lurking about.

Anyone have any thoughts about why an app would debug and all of the sudden
lose its permissions. Call me curious!

BG

Scott Allen

Part of the problem is that there are just too many moving parts.
There are IIS settings, and IE settings, and VS.NET settings, and
little things can go wrong anywhere and bring it al to a halt. I'm
glad VS 2005 simplifies the setup a bit.