Mountain West RubyConf 2008 videos available.

Phillip Gawlowski

pat eyler

Hey Phillip,

Well, at least some (I can't really judge, but compared to the videos on
the same site available for MWCF2007, they aren't all up yet):

Nope, they're not all there yet, but Confreaks are getting them uploaded at
a pretty good clip.

http://mwrc2008.confreaks.com/

I've so far watched:

Giles Bowkett's Code Generation: The Safety Scissors Of Metaprogramming
talk which was nifty.

Jeremey McAnally's Deep Ruby talk (which was interesting in an academic
sense to me, but is probably very informative for all you Ruby
implementation hackers out there).

You should really watch Jim Weirich's closing keynote too. And if you're
digging around in the internals of Ruby, Patrick Farley's talk is going to
be a huge help. I can't wait to see it posted.

The videos are in good quality (but by no means bandwidth friendly!).

There seems to be a bit of everything for everybody on the conference
tracks, so check it out (and the other talks they offer for download for
different conferences).

Thanks to the presenters for giving the talks, the Confreaks guys for
making the talks available for poor souls like me (If any one wants to
sponsor me to MW RubyConf2009, I take small, used notes, thank you :p),
and of course many thanks to the organizers of the conferences in the
first place. I appreciate all of this a lot.

Thanks. We had a great time putting things together, but hearing that
people appreciate the work makes it even sweeter.

Phillip Gawlowski