Mouse click top most layer in Internet Explorer vs Firefox

powwow

I have two divs which I stack on top of each other using CSS by
absolute positioning. One div is on top of another. In Internet
Explorer when I click on the top div, only the top most div fires the
onClick handler. The bottom div is ignored.

In Firefox when I click on the top most div, both the top and bottom
div fires the onClick handler. How can I make FireFox react the same
way as Internet Explorer?

Thanks in advanced.

RobG

I have two divs which I stack on top of each other using CSS by
absolute positioning.  One div is on top of another.   In Internet
Explorer when I click on the top div, only the top most div fires the
onClick handler.  The bottom div is ignored.

In Firefox when I click on the top most div, both the top and bottom
div fires the onClick handler.  How can I make FireFox react the same
way as Internet Explorer?

You need to show the markup - bubbling is based on the DOM tree
structure, which is generated from markup (and subsequent manipulation
but I'll assume you haven't done that).

The size of elements and how the browser responds is also affected by
CSS, so show that too.

Finally, it also depends on where you've attached your listener, so
show that also. In otherwords, post a concise test case or a link to
one.