mouseout and checkboxes

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Proper, Nov 13, 2008.

  1. Proper

    Proper Guest

    I have the following problem:

    I have a button with an onmouseover event. This event fires as
    expected and displays another div element when the mouse hovers over
    the button.

    The div element which is then displayed uses an onmouseout event that
    sets its style to display:none when the mouse cursor goes out of the
    element. This is also working fine as expected.

    However, the displayed div element has a few checkboxes inside. And as
    soon as the cursor reaches one of these checkboxes the mouseout event
    is fired. The result is: the checkboxes are never clickable in this
    case.

    The example could be seen here:

    http://xxamples.googlepages.com/exa.html

    Can somebody

    1. explain the reason, why the mouseout event fires when the mouse is
    inside of one of the checkboxes (It seems that the cursor is no more
    inside of the div element).

    2. give me a hint or a solution how to avoid that, so that the
    checkboxes are clickable. (But without removing the mouseout event
    completely, so that the event is only fired when the cursor moves out
    of the element.)

    Proper, Nov 13, 2008

  2. See http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/1606/fid/145

    Martin Honnen, Nov 13, 2008