Move asp.net profile/membership tables to sql server

Brandon Holliday

Hello,

I have a problem that I need some help on.

I am creating a website that utilizes the builtin membership functionality
in Asp.net 2.0. By default, the "AspNetSqlProvider" is used and the
membership data is stored in "AspNetDB.mdf". However, instead of using this
mdf file, I would like to store the membership data in Sql Server, using the
"SqlMembershipProvider". I have already run the "regsql.exe" file, but I'm
not sure of what I need to do next. Do I delete the AspNetDB.mdf data file
that is in my web project? Do I need to manually specify the membership
provider in the web.config file? Any suggestions would certainly be
appreciated.

Thanks.

Brandon Holliday

Hey Sloan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I took a look at Scott Gu's blog, and it helped
me.

And it's not everyday you find a Holliday. That's crazy!

Thanks again.