Moved from filesystem to HTTP ->net 2005..

Guest

Hi,
Actually i have developed one site. after some time i reliazed that i have
created that site in "File System". So, i have created a virual directory and
given path to my site. I am able to open and build the application . but when
i run the application i am getting the below error. Based on the error i have
checked my web.config, it is perfect. no issues with that. Any idea?

thanks in advance

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
---------------------------
Unable to start debugging on the web server. <?xml version="1.0" ?>

<head>

<title>Server Unavailable

</title>

</head>

<h1><span style="font-family:Verdana;color: #ff3300">Server
Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server
is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web
browser to retry your request.

<b>Administrator Note:

</b> An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure
can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review
this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax
errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also
want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online
documentation.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> So, i have created a virual directory and given path to my site. I am able to open
!> and build the application . but when i run the application i am getting the below error.

You have a conflict between the internal web server and IIS.

First, get rid of the virtual directory.
( IIS Manager, select the virtual directory, right-click and delete ).

Second, if you want to run the site in IIS, instead of the configuring a virtual directory
to the physical directory where the internal web server runs your site, *publish* your
site to your IIS web server.

To publish the website, right-click the file system website in VS 2005's Solution Explorer,
and select "Publish Web Site".