    I dont understand this message. How would I make a message box like this
    work? I figured doing the code may render some kind of javascript on the
    client side but I guess not (I was hopeful though).

    Jim in Arizona, Sep 13, 2006

  2. You have to use javascript. Your in the web world now.

    Take a look at teh code below.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com

    html>
    <head>
    <script language="VB" runat="server">
    'Sub Page_PreRender()
    Sub Page_Load( sender as Object,e as EventArgs)
    'Form the script that is to be registered at client side.
    Dim scriptString as String = "<script language=JavaScript> function
    DoClick() {"
    ScriptString += "var truthBeTold = window.confirm('Click OK to continue.
    Click Cancel to stop.');"
    ScriptString += "if (truthBeTold)"
    ScriptString += "window.alert('Welcome to MVP World!');"
    ScriptString += "else window.alert('Bye from MVP World!');}<"
    scriptString += "/"
    scriptString += "script>"
    If(Not IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("clientScript"))
    RegisterClientScriptBlock("clientScript", scriptString)
    End If
    End Sub
    </script>
    </head>
    <form id="myForm" runat="server">
    <input type="button" value="ClickMe" onclick="DoClick()">
    </form>

    John Timney \(MVP\), Sep 13, 2006

  3. Thanks John. I'll make good use of it.

    Jim in Arizona, Sep 13, 2006