Multiple File Uploads

Guest

I have a situation where I need to upload more than one file from a client to
the server, I am having problems finding any examples of how I can ahhieve my
goal.

My Requirements are:
1, There must be no user interaction
2, The files names need to be discovered at run time
3, I must be able to upload 1 or more files determinded by step to.

I was to use ASP.NET and javascript client side. I can use COM and such like
as I have control over the installer.

Any suggestions.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

It sounds to me like your requirements are to create a gaping security hole,
which is why standard JavaScript will not allow it. To do something like
this you'll need a thick client (such as an ActiveX control) and the users
will likely be presented with a dialog box that will give them a warning
before they choose to activate the control or not.

Guest

That's my problem, I have tried using ActiveX but as you say the user will
have to authorize its use. I realsise the security issues here and know this
is wh ythe task is so damn hard.

Cheers anyway

Steven

John Toop

What do you mean "no user intereaction"? When people browse to your page the
file uploads to the server?

or do you mean that there should not be any interaction from the server
operator? Would they specify the files to upload?

Guest

Well the user clicks a button, then the app goes off and looks at the files
on the CD Rom, it then gets a list of these files and uploads them to the
server with no further prompting from the user. This will all run within an
intranet.