multiple gmail client in TK/windows ?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jedrin, Feb 29, 2012.

  1. Jedrin

    Jedrin Guest

    I had this idea that I have multiple gmail accounts and I could write
    a Ruby program that uses something like TK on windows that stores my
    passwords encrypted locally and allows me to see my emails across
    these gmail accounts more easily. Since it's email passwords, a web
    app seems like a bad idea for security reasons and no one would want
    to use such as site. I saw gmail has a pop3 multi email capability,
    but since it's pop3 it seems like it only has unread or mail that
    hasn't been downloaded. I messed around with it and didn't really care
    for it a whole lot. Ruby seems to have a gmail gem that is pretty
    decent.

    I wanted to run this idea by people here and see if writing my own
    app for might be a good idea or not ? I sometimes try to come up with
    ideas to learn stuff and to have code samples of my work, but often it
    seems like there is already stuff out there and people end up
    wondering why you wrote something when you didn't really have to.

    If there is a free email client that I could use that doesn't load my
    system with adware or something, maybe it would be worth looking
    into ..

    Jedrin, Feb 29, 2012