MultiView and changing views.

Joe

This is another one of those things which I think isn't going to work the
way I want...

I have a MultiView on a page with 5 views. The use each view as a page. At
the bottom of each page there is a Next button. When the user clicks the
Next button it just changes the view. This all works fine.

The problem is when the user gets to the last "page" I have a finish button
which is supposed to save input from the previous views. All the fields get
reset except for the current page so I cannot save the info.

Is there a way to get the inputs to persist so I can save everything at once
or do I have to save it before changing views?

Thanks,
Joe

Balagopal N. Nair

If you verify the HTML(View Source in browser), you will notice that it
contains the mark up of the controls in the active view only. Evidently, the
data entered in the other views are lost when you switch from one view to the
other.

You can handle this easily by passing data using hidden fields through the
ActiveViewChanged event.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Joe,

Yes, as for MultiView, when you swtich between different views, the
original view's markup will not be kept on the page's source, that's why
you lose your original view's data. As other members has mentioned, one way
to resolve this is manually store the data of each view(step) into some
hidden fields on the page.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Steven Cheng

Hi Joe,

Have you got any progress on this issue? If there is anything else we can
help, welcome to post here.

From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 03:07:38 GMT
Subject: RE: MultiView and changing views.