mysql to sqlite

Gandalf

I'm trying to convert mysql database to sqlite. is their any free tool
that does that?
I can convert my mysql db to XML file through phpmyadmin, will it be
easier to convert from XML to SQlite then from Mysql?

Gerhard Häring

Gandalf said:
I'm trying to convert mysql database to sqlite. is their any free tool
that does that?
I can convert my mysql db to XML file through phpmyadmin, will it be
easier to convert from XML to SQlite then from Mysql?

Did you look at http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ConverterTools ?

I'd try one of these if I need it. Otherwise it seems easier for me to
parse XML than to try out all the options of mysqladmin, which probably
still won't produce anything that can directly be fed to sqlite3.

It would be a nice programming exercise. Hint: You can pretty safely
ignore all type information you get from MySQL, because types in SQLite
depend on the inserted values, and not the table definition.

-- Gerhard