need argument for try catch blocks

MikeP

MikeP said:
I don't have a problem with any vaguery, I have a problem with its
correctness. I suggested in a follow-up post to my own post that "can
possibly" might be better than "may likely".

Sure, OK. Consider that not every error, though still an error, will
not necessarily lead to failure.

One too many "not" words in the above sentence. The second one should not
be there.

Jorgen Grahn

One does not have to work professionally as a C programmer to quickly
identify C code. When one reads sprintf, printf, memcpy, malloc,
strcpy, atoi, itoa, and a host of other C functions that have C++
replacements, one can quickly make the assumption "A C Programmer was
here!" ....

Frustration? Correct. It's part of the job though and always is. My
rant is not againt one colleague. There have been enough of these
stereotypical programmers to fill a building during my career.

I haven't bothered to read most of this thread and I don't think I
will ... but I find your attitude fairly reasonable.

I've seen my share of bugs caused by people doing memcpy() and bzero()
on objects. And I've certainly had the problem "how do I tell <person>
that he needs to change <this aspect> of how he writes his code?".

/Jorgen