Need help with HTML coding for Index.html background image

James O'Riley

I want to put an image on my Web Page but it repeats itself several
times. How can I restrict it to the *exact* size of the window? The
URL will never be updated so the size should never change. I haven't up
this particular image up yet pending a response.

http://nickell.tierranet.com

Thanks,
Don Nickell

Edwin van der Vaart

James said:
I want to put an image on my Web Page but it repeats itself several
times. How can I restrict it to the *exact* size of the window? The
URL will never be updated so the size should never change. I haven't up
this particular image up yet pending a response.

http://nickell.tierranet.com
For stylesheet e.g.
body {background: #00ff00 url('smiley.gif') no-repeat fixed center;}

Perhaps you can find what you're looking at
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

Ed Mullen

James said:
I want to put an image on my Web Page but it repeats itself several
times. How can I restrict it to the *exact* size of the window? The
URL will never be updated so the size should never change. I haven't up
this particular image up yet pending a response.

http://nickell.tierranet.com

Thanks,
Don Nickell

Not clear what you want. Are you talking about the background image?
If so:
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&q=body+background+repeat&btnG=Search

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Neredbojias

I want to put an image on my Web Page but it repeats itself several
times. How can I restrict it to the *exact* size of the window?

You can't.
The URL will never be updated so the size should never change.

Window size has nothing to do with updating a url.
The size of my viewport is 1057 x 938. Unless, of course, I change it.