need ldap windows binary and/or installation help

Sells, Fred

I'm running python 2.5 (or 2.4) in an XP environment.

I downloaded and installed the .dll's from OpenLDAP-2.4.8+OpenSSL-0.9.8g-Win32.zip and copied the .dll's in c:/windows/system32 as instructed

now I get this error. Is there anyway to avoid building the python_ldap binaries? Apart from being lazy, I've got a secure system policy issue if I start compiling apps. I could give up and just start running in linux, but my xp environment is much friendlier to develop in. I've googled a lot, but all the links I've found talk to Unix or to compiling from source.

Even if I build from source, will the mingw compiler mentioned in most posts produce something that is compatible with "Python was built with Visual Studio 2003".

c:\all>easy_install python_ldap
Searching for python-ldap
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/python_ldap/
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-ldap/
Reading http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/
Reading http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/download.shtml
Reading http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2072&package_id=2011
Best match: python-ldap 2.3.5
Downloading http://downloads.sourceforge.net/py...-2.3.5.tar.gz?modtime=1215364319&big_mirror=0
Processing python-ldap-2.3.5.tar.gz
Running python-ldap-2.3.5\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir c:\documents and settings\frsells\local settings\temp\easy_install-uczq5i\python-ld
extra_compile_args:
extra_objects:
include_dirs: /usr/local/openldap-2.3/include /usr/include/sasl
library_dirs: /usr/local/openldap-2.3/lib
libs: ldap_r lber sasl2 ssl crypto
file Lib\ldap.py (for module ldap) not found
file Lib\ldap\schema.py (for module ldap.schema) not found
warning: no files found matching 'Makefile'
warning: no files found matching 'Modules\LICENSE'
file Lib\ldap.py (for module ldap) not found
file Lib\ldap\schema.py (for module ldap.schema) not found
file Lib\ldap.py (for module ldap) not found
file Lib\ldap\schema.py (for module ldap.schema) not found
error: Setup script exited with error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and / or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying to this message and deleting the material from any
computer.