.Net Assembly as ActiveX control

Steve Lloyd

Hi,

I have written a windows forms user control as a .net assembly and tried to
imbed as an object in my aspx pages but it does not happen. If I add the
control to a windows forms project it works fine.

I have created an Interface and the appropriate Implementations in my user
control.

this is my code in the aspx
<OBJECT id="uploadControl" name="uploadControl"
classid="dllname.dll#namespace.Class" VIEWASTEXT></OBJECT>
<input type=button value="Click me" onClick="doScript();">
<script language="javascript">
function doScript()
{
uploadControl.FileLocation = "c:\\Pictures\\DSCF0015.JPG";
}
</script>

I have built the dll in the same directory as the aspx page but the page
just displays the object as a box, like an image box with no image. There
is no security warning which leads me to think I have goto set some sort of
security up. I have trusted my test site in IE.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

This typically means that the activeX control cannot be found. Where did you
put the assembly?

Steve Lloyd

Thanks Scott, do you mean I should create a Web User Control and embed the
windows user control into it ?

Thanks

Steve.