[.Net] SiteMap

Rob Meade

Hi all,

This is probably the most stupid of stupid questions being that I have been
unable to find very much out online so far about it...anyway...

I am creating a master page as a template for our teams applications. I
have added a sitemap control to it, having read that if the URL's were
copies or didn't exist it would error (MSDN site told me this) , I was
looking for a way to capture the error and be able to report in a more
friendly way to the members of my team what they need to do (in the same way
I have for other controls on the page that need to be configured via the
config file in the application). Turns out that if I leave the web.sitemap
file empty, or put any old rubbish in it, it stills seems to allow the
application to run, you just dont see the sitemap - fair enough, but what
I'd like to do is check the web.sitemap file in the first instance and see
if it has content. I've had a look through the methods for SiteMapPath and
SiteMapDataSource and I dont see anything which might suggest "IsValid" or
"HasContent" or "MightJustWorkIfYouWaveAStickAtIt"... etc etc...

Anyone know if there's anything already available to confirm that the file
is valid or has content? Failing that I could run it through my own xml
parsing stuff but just seems a little more of an overhead...

Thanks in advance for your help...

Regards

Rob

Bob Barrows [MVP]

recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

to help you.