.NET version 2.0

Jeff Lloyd

I installed version 2.0 yet version 1.1 is still on the computer. Can I
safely remove version 1.1 now and why wouldn't the install of version 2.0
uninstall version 1.1??

Christopher Reed

All versions of .NET can reside side-by-side on a computer. You don't have
to remove it if you don't want to.

pvdg42

Jeff Lloyd said:
I installed version 2.0 yet version 1.1 is still on the computer. Can I
safely remove version 1.1 now and why wouldn't the install of version 2.0
uninstall version 1.1??
In addition to what Christopher told you, removing v1.1 might break any
applications you have installed that need it. I'd leave it installed.

Guest

Since the versions are compatible in one direction only (or at least MOSTLY
compatible), it leaves the old version so you can develop in both. If you are
strictly doing 2.0, you can remove 1.1 ... as long as you have not installed
any apps that only run under 1.x.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA