Netbeans failure mode

Jerry Gerrone

I'm embarrassed to think I ever contributed to this thread - [insult
deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

But yes, this thread is quite useless now, especially since it does
seem that you've managed to drive away yet another potential future
contributor to the community. Secret decoder ring is apparently gone
for good. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Now all this thread serves to do is provide a pointless platform on
which to post puerile and pathetic personal attacks, which are also
quite purposeless, since I quickly post rebuttals to each one.

Lars Enderin

Jerry said:
Hrm. Maybe I have a fan club? Not much of one though, if it has less
than twenty members.

But that wouldn't explain secret decoder ring getting good ratings.
And his having a fan club wouldn't explain mine.
The explanation is simple: You are "secret decoder ring" and you use
your almost twenty aliases to rate others and yourself. No other
explanation is necessary or probable, whatever you say to discredit me.
The rest of your long reply is simply self-serving hogwash.

Jerry Gerrone

The explanation is simple: You are "secret decoder ring"

No, I am not.

Your paranoid beliefs explain nothing, save perhaps your own behavior.
[numerous insults, including false accusations of hacking and other
dishonest behavior and calling me a liar, deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Jerry Gerrone

On Dec 16, 11:04 pm, Manuel Emanola <[email protected]>
wrote:
[snip]

You again!
[suspected implied insult deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

No, I am not.

Lars's paranoid beliefs explain nothing, save perhaps his own
behavior.
[numerous insults, including false accusations of hacking and other
dishonest behavior and calling me a liar, deleted]

None of the nasty things that Lars has said or implied about me are at
all true.

Lars Enderin

wrote:
[snip]

You again!
[suspected implied insult deleted]

You haven't watched WarGames? Manuel's advice is good, though poorly
expressed. But you go on to "refute" my statements once more, since they
were cited by Manuel, and you continue insulting every reader's
intelligence with your inane replies.

Jerry Gerrone

Jerry said:
[suspected implied insult deleted]

You haven't watched WarGames?

Of course I have.
Manuel's advice is good, though poorly expressed.

Then perhaps you should take it.

My objection was that, based on what he wrote previously, he appeared
to be implying a certain insult about me as well.
But you go on to [implied insult deleted]refute[implied insult
deleted] my statements once more, since they were cited by
Manuel, and you continue [false accusation deleted] with your
[insult deleted] replies.

No. None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me
are at all true.

blmblm

On Dec 14, 7:02 pm, Lars Enderin <[email protected]> wrote:

[ snip ]
you are the good guy, and Arne, Lew, and I, etc, are villains ganging up
on you
Perhaps there is hope for you yet.

[calls me a liar]

Not in so many words, but really, you quoted only part of what
he said, in a way that makes it appear that he said the opposite
of what he really said, which was:

"but on the whole you try to fool
unsuspecting readers into believing that you are the good guy, and Arne,
Lew, and I, etc, are villains ganging up on your poor selves."

[ snip ]
Also, because disputes, fights, and wars only ever seem to end after
one side forgives the other its (perceived or actual) crimes and
extends the olive branch, and eventually the other side reciprocates.

Someone has to be first. It might as well be I.

Perhaps if you'd stop with the misleading quoting out of context
people would take this offer more seriously.

(Sorry, folks, but this is just too much.)

Saint Nick

[snip]

NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!
you are the good guy, and Arne, Lew, and I, etc, are villains ganging up
on you
Perhaps there is hope for you yet.
[calls me a liar]

[calls me a liar repeatedly, misquotes me, and further insults me]

No, no, a thousand times no! None of the nasty things that you have
said or implied about me are at all true.
Also, because disputes, fights, and wars only ever seem to end after
one side forgives the other its (perceived or actual) crimes and
extends the olive branch, and eventually the other side reciprocates.
Someone has to be first. It might as well be I.

Perhaps if you'd stop with the [calls me a liar]

No, no, a thousand times no! None of the nasty things that you have
said or implied about me are at all true.

Saint Nick

(Sorry, folks, but this is just too much.)

Don't wrestle with a [insult deleted]. [insult deleted]

Oh my. *shuffle shuffle*. Ah, ok then. I already had you down as
"naughty" this year.

It would have been quite a problem if not. You see, this close to when
the big delivery ships, everything's mostly already packed up and
ready to go, in giant warehouses beneath the ice. Finding your
goodies, removing them, and replacing them with lumps of coal would
have been quite a bothersome extra task, and when the schedule is
already rather tight due to bad weather and several other
difficulties.

I'm glad to see that that won't be a problem after all; I already have
you put down here as having six lumps of coal, in storage area 37,
scheduled for delivery at 03:17 your local time on the big night, by
clone #317 (what, you didn't really think there was only *one* of me,
with *that* much work to be done?) flying route 8 (north-central
States, east to north-central Europe, south to the Mediterranean, into
the middle east -- which is why we call it the coal car express -- and
off to India and Pakistan -- lots more coal there, and several routes
converge there because the population is so darn high -- maybe this
time one of me will manage to find bin Laden in Pakistan; he has
several years of back coal due, almost a whole metric ton of the
stuff, and it's taking up an awful lot of space in storage area 18).

Oh, and by the way, none of the nasty things that you have said or
implied about me are at all true.

Lew

Saint said:
Oh my. *shuffle shuffle*. Ah, ok then. I already had you down as
"naughty" this year.

As a devoté of Santa Claus, a.k.a. Saint Nick, I find your co-opting of his
name to be most offensive. Why not call yourself Mohammed the Prophet next
time? Or Jesus Christ? Or Jahweh? Siddhartha? Mahatma Gandhi? Joseph
Smith? Jim Jones? L. Ron Hubbard?

*Plonk*

Jerry Gerrone

Saint said:
Oh my. *shuffle shuffle*. Ah, ok then. I already had you down as
"naughty" this year.

[numerous insults deleted]

I'm guessing he's scheduled a shipment of coal for you, too, Lew.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

blmblm

Don't wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and only the pig enjoys
it.

Excellent advice. (Didn't you offer me similar advice about a
year ago? which I didn't follow, to my regret.)

The latest, um, wrestling move? seems to involve replying to
my posts with claims that I'm misquoting one of the entities who
used to (perhaps still do) collectively go by the name Twisted.
He/they have apparently discovered that this bugs me. In honor of
the season -- or in a moment of lucidity -- I think I'll decline
to respond to the latest such claim.

Someone in some newsgroup I follow uses as a signature a quote
attributed to Dennis Ritchie: "Usenet is a strange place."
It is indeed.

Jerry Gerrone

Mike Schilling <[email protected]> wrote:
[snip]

NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!
Don't wrestle with a [insult deleted]. [insult deleted]

No. None of the nasty things that Mike has said or implied about me
are at all true.
Excellent advice.

No. None of the nasty things that Mike has said or implied about me
are at all true.
The latest, um, [implied insult deleted]?

No. None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me
are at all true.
 seems to involve [implied false accusation deleted]

No. I do not act to deliberately "bug" anyone. I act to defend myself,
including from misquotations that would either misrepresent
semantically what I said or misrepresent my apparent level of
intelligence, sanity, or competence (e.g. by making it look like I
couldn't spell or similarly).

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Lew

Excellent advice. (Didn't you offer me similar advice about a
year ago? which I didn't follow, to my regret.)

While, as Arne points out, it takes a lot of space, using your killfile to
hide Paul's nastiness is a good way to keep it from getting under your skin.

Don't feed the troll.