NETSCAPE fails to run Body onLoad, WHY ?!?!

BTHOMASinOHIO

In IE, this runs fine, but in Netscape, it doesn't error, but just
doesn't run. WHY?!?!

(in the Page Code Behind)
BODY1.Attributes.Add("onLoad", "DisplayData();")

(in the HTML of the Page)
function DisplayData(){
PanelDescription.style.display = 'none';
PanelBuildingName.style.display = 'none';
PanelOperatorName.style.display = 'none';
PanelManagementName.style.display = 'none';
....(yada yada yada)

Thanks
BTHOMAS71CHEVY-at-EXCITE-dot-COM

Martin Honnen

BTHOMASinOHIO said:
In IE, this runs fine, but in Netscape, it doesn't error, but just
doesn't run. WHY?!?!

(in the Page Code Behind)
BODY1.Attributes.Add("onLoad", "DisplayData();")

So this is not JavaScript but some server-side ASP.NET code? You should
state that clearly or better yet show us the HTML that Netscape receives
as we usually don't care here what PHP or ASP or ASP.NET does on the
server, it matters only what the browser sees.
(in the HTML of the Page)
function DisplayData(){
PanelDescription.style.display = 'none';
PanelBuildingName.style.display = 'none';
PanelOperatorName.style.display = 'none';
PanelManagementName.style.display = 'none';

Have you checked Netscape's JavaScript console? I am sure there is an
error displayed, unless somewhere the variables PanelDescription etc.
are declared and initialized. If you have HTML elements with these ids e.g.
then you need to script e.g.
document.getElementById('PanelDescription').style.display = 'none';
in browsers following the W3C DOM (as Netscape/Mozilla do).
If you also care about older browsers not throwing error messages then
you also need to check whether document.getElementById and other
features are supported.