new division in Pythonwin

Jive Dadson

I like to use Pythonwin as my desktop calculator. It's bothersome
to have to type in "from __future__ import division" into the
interactive window every time I open it. I've tried various ways to
attempt to get it to import new division at startup, but no luck. I
can get it to execute a file, but apparently it does so in an
environment that gets discarded, rather than in the environment of
the interactive window. So the "from __future__" statement has no
effect.

Any suggestions?

Thankee.

Mike Meyer

Jive Dadson said:
I like to use Pythonwin as my desktop calculator. It's bothersome
to have to type in "from __future__ import division" into the
interactive window every time I open it. I've tried various ways to
attempt to get it to import new division at startup, but no luck. I
can get it to execute a file, but apparently it does so in an
environment that gets discarded, rather than in the environment of
the interactive window. So the "from __future__" statement has no
effect.

Any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with Pythonwin, but would expect it to honor the
PYTHONSTARTUP environment variable. That's how I get various things
loaded into my interactive pythons.

<mike